Cohesive Implant Author and Teacher
Not FDA Approved; investigational device only
Dr. Teitelbaum’s credentials are among the finest in the world with highly cohesive (“gummy bear”) breast implants:
- Dr. Teitelbaum’s experience in highly cohesive implants dates to 2000 and he has performed surgery using these implants in hundreds of cases.
- Dr. Teitelbaum has developed the certification curriculum that all surgeons will be required to take in order to use these implants once they are approved by the FDA.
- He has a wide range of experience using cohesive implants including first time augmentation, revision, congenital deformities, lifts, etc.
- Dr. Teitelbaum is one of two surgeons in all of the United States to have been on the clinical trials of all three cohesive implants: the 410, the CPG, and the Silimed (now Sientra) implants.
- He has lectured on cohesive implants to other plastic surgeons on 5 continents and given over 50 talks on this type of implant.
- Dr. Teitelbaum performed live cohesive implant surgery on closed circuit television to over 900 plastic surgeons at a meeting in Brazil.
- He taught a course on cohesive implants to surgeons at the annual meeting of ASAPS for many years.
One implant manufacturer filmed Dr. Teitelbaum performing a breast augmentation with cohesive implants that will be the focal point of their educational platform for surgeons new to these implants. He was filmed doing both a straightforward augmentation as well as complicated case requiring significant reshaping.